Welcome to Cold Spring School!
Effective July 1, 2021, all registration packets may be accessed via the Belchertown Public School homepage.
Please call our Central Office, 413-323-0423 ext. 100, with any questions related to registration.
Please note below Kindergarten documentation requirements:
- Copy of birth certificate (all students must be 5 years old on or before September 1st of the upcoming school year)
- Immunization records (including proof of lead screening)
- Current physical examination record (within one year of start date)
- Any court documents pertaining to custody, restraining orders and/or guardianship (if applicable)
- Special education records and/or ADA records (if applicable)
- Complete school discipline records (if applicable)
- Proof of residency: two forms are required (one from each category) as follows:
- Mortgage statement or rental/lease agreement
- Utility bill at the address listed (heating, electricity or phone)
Kindergarten screening is a requirement of Massachusetts Special Education Regulations, which requires that the screening of all kindergarteners takes place by October 31st of the year they enter school. The screening is not an evaluation. It is a brief series of assessments that provide information about a child’s development in relation to the development of other youngsters of the same age. Screening is scheduled at Kindergarten Registration and usually takes place at the end of the current school year.
Kindergarten screening is used to identify young children in need of further diagnostic evaluations to determine if they have special education needs. The screening:
- Is not used to determine if a child is ready for kindergarten.
- Does not determine whether or not a child may attend kindergarten.
- Is not used for the placement of a child in a particular group or kindergarten class.