My Chrombeook is charged but it won't power on
To force reboot your Chromebook, hold down the Refresh Key and then tap power.
The Chromebook should start or restart.
If the Chromebook doesn’t restart, hold down the Refresh key and the Power key at the same time for 10 seconds.
If it still doesn’t restart, create a ticket (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chromebook Display Flipped
When your student’s Chromebook screen is displaying 90 degrees left or right or even entirely upside down. This happens as a result of a specific set of keys being pressed and is a built-in feature of Chromebooks.
To rotate the screen on a Chromebook, press the following keys at the same time: CTRL + SHIFT + REFRESH (repeat until the screen back to normal)
High Contrast Mode
The normally white screen is black instead and the colors of things all seem wrong. This is because they have inadvertently (or intentionally) enabled High Contrast Mode.
You can toggle this mode on/off easily with the following keyboard shortcut: CTRL + SEARCH + h
your Chromebook is not working well
Your Chromebook turns on and you are able to login, but something is not working: no audio; camera with no image; not printing…
Check if your Chromebook has pending updates:
- Click on the clock area (bottom right corner)
- Click on settings (gear wheel ⚙)
- At bottom left click on About Chrome OS
- You’ll see which version od Google Chrome OS your Chromebook is using
- Select Check for Updates
- If an update is available, it will start to download automatically
- After your download is done, select Restart to finish the update
Google interactive simulator: Update your Chromebook
Projector doesn't display the same screen
When you connect your Chromebook to a projector (or second monitor) and you want both screens to display the same content you need to mirror your Chromebook screen.
The easy way is to use a simple keyboard shorcut: CTRL + Monitor Button
Website not working or not loading right
Clearing Google Chrome cache usually solves this issue:
- Open Google Chrome
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + BACKSPACE (at the same time)
- Chrome will open a dialog, check Cached images and files (uncheck Browsing History and Cookies and…)
- click on Clear data
Once cleared the cache verify if that procedure solved the issue.
If the issue persists send an email to email@example.com