14 Maple Street
P.O. Box 841
Belchertown MA 01007



Free & Reduced Meals Information

Home 5 Free & Reduced Meals Information

Free and reduced benefit eligibility is determined in two ways; direct certification, or income based application.  With either method, eligibility status needs to be renewed each year.  Parents/Guardians of students who are directly certified will receive notification via mail or email and do not need to submit an income based application.  Families who wish to submit an income based application may reference income guidelines published in the Sentinel in August.  All families to apply, even if you have been denied in the past, as income guidelines change every year.

To give everyone adequate time to submit applications, the district will carry over the prior year’s eligibility status for the first 30 days of the school year.

If your household experiences a change in income or financial hardship during the school year, please be aware that free and reduced applications can be submitted at any time, and if approved benefits begin as of the date of application.

Be advised, breakfast and lunch are free to all students. Charges will occur with second meals, double portions, a la carte items, and milk with home lunch. If students qualify for free and reduced meals, please fill out the disclosure form by following the link below and return to school with the application if you would like to be considered for other reduced price school fees such as bus passes, athletic fees, and other programs.

If you have other questions or need help, please call (413) 323-0442.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested on the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email;

This is an equal opportunity provider.

Skip to content