14 Maple Street
P.O. Box 841
Belchertown MA 01007


Home 5 Work Permit Application Process

Please read April 2016 Child Labor Parent Letter and Fact Sheet and Employment Permit Process Flow Sheet as issued by the MA Office of the Attorney General. (See links below.)

Child Labor Parent Letter and Fact Sheet

Employment Permit Process Flow Sheet

What you need to get a Work Permit:

1. You must have a job offer before you apply for a work permit.

2. Download an Employment Permit Application for 14- through 17-year-olds.

3. Bring the Application to your employer and have him/her complete the first section, “Promise of Employment”.

4. For 14- and 15-year-olds only (16- and 17-year-olds may skip this step): have your doctor complete the “Physician’s Certificate of Health” section of the Employment Permit Application.

5. Workers age 14-15 years must also have a School Record form signed by the Principals Office.

6.  Students please fill out the Work Permit Questionnaire form and bring it with your completed application.

7. The minor and parent/guardian or custodian must sign the completed permit application.

8. The minor then brings the completed form(s) to the Superintendent of Schools office located at 14 Maple Street, where the Authorized Agent will then issue an official Work Permit.

All documents must be originals. Faxes or copies will not be accepted.

The Authorized Agent must, by law, witness the MINOR signing the official work permit before it can be issued. Parents may not sign for the Minor.

Skip to content