Belchertown’s student information system, PowerSchool, allows parents of CHCS, JBMS, and BHS students to log on via the internet to check attendance, assignment completion, and grades. If you are the parent or guardian of a student in grades 4-12 and you would like to receive a PowerSchool password, please contact your child’s school.
Things you can do with PowerSchool:
1. Check grades on homework assignments. Click on “Grades and Attendance” to see term averages for all of your child’s classes. Clicking on any term grade will bring you to a list of all homework assignments for that term.
2. Check attendance records. Click on “Grades and Attendance” and scroll to the bottom of the page. Blue numbers will show the number of times your child was marked absent or tardy. Click these numbers to see a list of dates on which your child was absent or tardy.
3. Contact a teacher. Click on “Grades and Attendance” and look for a teacher’s name. To the left of the name is a small icon; clicking this icon displays the teacher’s email address.
4. Check grades for terms that have ended. Click on “Grade History” and you will see your child’s term grades. For BHS students, you’ll also see how many credits he or she has earned for each class. Clicking on any blue grade will display all of the assignments for that term.
5. Sign up for e-mail notifications. Click on “E-mail Notification” and you can choose to have your child’s records periodically sent to you via e-mail.