Review these school bus safety rules with your child before the first day of school.
School Bus Rules to Keep Everyone Safe
• Be at the bus stop early (at least 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive).
• Wait for the bus in a safe place — 10 feet back from the road.
• Take your seat right away and stay seated at all times.
• Keep hands, arms and head inside the bus at all times.
• Listen to the driver and follow directions.
• Leave the bus carefully using the handrails.
• Take 10 giant steps away from the bus.
• Look both ways before crossing the road and wait for the drivers signal.
• Keep away from the bus if you drop or forget something when getting on/off the bus.
TELL YOUR DRIVER —Never go under the bus.
• Use a quiet voice to talk to your friends. NEVER SCREAM OR YELL.
• Be considerate and show respect to others. Do not use bad words or call anyone names.
• There is no eating or drinking on the bus.
• Never throw things around the bus or out the bus windows.
• For the safety of your child, if there is no one to receive your child at their designated bus
stop, the bus driver has been instructed to bring your child back to the school or bus
garage. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• Under no circumstances is the bus driver allowed to make an unscheduled mid-route stop.
Thank you from the First Student Safety Team
Mrs. Joan Crowther is the bus manager and contact person for all bus information.
The telephone for First Student is 323-8316 and the fax number is 323-8318.